Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Lixiang (& a lot other ppl)!

Happy Belated Birthday Lixiang! And to a whole bunch of other 13 babies (people born on jan 13 like Lixiang, Venus... and Xianhong's brother, Xianwei)

I only msged Lixiang though... cos I lost Venus's number!!! Wish he'd enjoy his last semester in school and hall because it isn't so fun in the working world =( I've been so stressed out that I've taken an MC. My eyes are bleary and nose runny, imagine, all wrapped up in a thick woolly blanket sitting in front of the computer, sniffing and typing away... a pathetic sight but I'm secretly enjoying it compared to work... oops

Don't think I'm moping away! I'm just frustrated now because of a subordinte who doesnt seem to get it despite my patience (which has all but evaporated). It's hard learning and doing the work but even harder to teach someone, I feel I really suck as a supervisor.

However, there are a few bright points. I started of the year with a course in fire patroller, so am now a bona fide fire warden! I can identify fire types, determine which fire extinguishers are for which types and can operate them! Real, the only problem is the fire extinguisher is rather heavy, so I have to plonk it on the ground to squeeze the handles before lifting it up to aim at the fire.

Do you know Singapore has NO firewomen?

I've just discovered a happy place at my work place -- the butterfly garden! When I feel really down, I go to the garden and see butterflies flying around. Once, a butterfly landed on my finger but flitted away before I could photograph it =) it really made my day. I don't know, but seeing something so beautiful just cheers me up tremendously.

butterfly cocoons...

feeding area...

see the green butterfly among the ferns?

No comments: