Monday, June 16, 2008

1st day of work!

Starting 1st day of work! Carrying my laptop bag and dressed up in something other than t-shirt and shorts but still look kiddish =( Someone thought I was nineteen!
Well, I was told to regard all info at work as confidential and confidential means no divulging of what my job assignments are so I can only say boring stuff. Administrative matters and learning about the company in the morning and introduction to co-workers in the afternoon.

I think I was not what everyone was expecting because a girl said, "So you're the one we were all speculating about!" Also, this guy asked me whether I was available twice to confirm green light for other guys, have you heard of such an impertinent question to ask someone who's nursing a wounded heart and greviance at being unceremoniously dumped? Haha, well, I guess I really don't fit the image because even laoshi said, "Yanran looks like the kind who play Barbie dolls, inconceivable that she studied engineering..."

Well, I'm going to work hard to learn and be an asset to any company! Prove to all that I'm NOT a little girl =)

1 comment:

fernfreak said...

well, it's good to look young!
age is pretty hard to tell, and asians generally look very youthful.

when working abroad, people have actually guessed that i'm half my actual age, whereas when i was mentoring poly students locally they were shocked to realise i was a year younger than them. i think it's just a number. :)