Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Momentary weakness

Just a few days ago, I really wanted to talk to someone, anyone (ok, not really anyone). I try to keep my unhappiness to myself mostly, but that night I really really wanted to say all that was overwhelming me (family, promises to others...). But the people I want to confide had a lot to do or very tired so I decided to watch some shows that I wanted to watch for a looooong time but didn't get the chance to.

First one was a Japanese movie, Sky of Love / Koisora, adapted from a mobile phone story. Although the story was sad and painful, the mood was hopeful and uplifting. There were regrets but the main character, Mika, was always positive and chose to remember the beautiful memories instead of dwelling on the pain caused.

The second was a Korean serial, Autumn in My Heart. The first time I heard about it was when I was puzzling over math tutorial in JC. Ssshhh, when he told me the storyline and how beautiful it all was, I was laughing inside because I found it very funny that a joker and an athletic guy like him liked sob stories.

However, I found that I do like the show. Perhaps love like that in the show can only be found in impossible places and scenarios as depicted. And I guess my fondness may have come from the fact that I enjoy being piggybacked like Eun-suh, the main girl. I like too, that the elder brother looks out for the sister, while the younger sister cheers the brother on.


Gosh, I have just discovered a hitherto unsuspected fondness for the previously despised romance genre of shows (Hmm, the first hint has to be liking Chinese Paladin but I still don't like too much kissing or wailing scenes). Maybe I'm trying too hard to look for a lesson, but I feel that these shows are saying: hey, bad things do happen to good people and there is no guarantee that they would be rewarded for being nice but whatever happens, still always try to care for loved ones because they do know deep down (especially parents, they may scold your extravagance for treating them but are secretly pleased).

Guess I hope I am a good person, I will try anyway. Many times I want to hit and lash out at those who are being hurtful but I must not, they are also beset by troubles unknown to me and anyway hurting them just makes things worse. Instead of feeling misunderstood or let down, I should be more understanding and forgiving. The road ahead is tough and unknown but all will be well if I put my best foot forward and face tomorrow with a smile =)

No comments: