Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sleepy Saturday... saturday (duh), march 17, 2007

After the splurge in London and Manchester, we've decided to stay in Loughborough in the weekends until after Easter. We're saving our pennies to spend, Spend, SPEND on our Europe tour during Easter. I can see my mummy fainting and papa exhorting me to come home immediately... kidding... Then, we can see how much we have left to see other parts of UK.

It isn't boring at all, for me anyway. Firstly, there is a lot of work to complete before Easter and they aren't easy. Despite the not-so-light workload, there is no sense of urgency at all. So, after moaning about all the dastardly assignments, we went off to the Rushes, the closest thing to a shopping mall here. There is JJB, selling sportswear and equipment, where Xianhong bought me a comfy pair of shoes on our last visit.

While he tried on a pair of soccer boots, Lydia and I sneaked off to purchase candles on the sly because Lester's birthday is coming up! I'll tell more about the surprise celebration when it has taken place, if it's a success anyway. Well, we went to Marks & Spencer's too and drooled and drooled at all the delicious desserts... have already decided which ones to buy to send back home =)

Some hours later, with somewhat more work done, we went to the lounge to play table tennis and watch TV. I have not watch any TV since I arrive... my brother must be shocked... but it's TRUE! There was this ice-skating competition "Dancing on Ice" where contestants learn to skate and every week, they had to present an item with a professional partner. For this final week's item, they were given the beginning and ending of a famous ice-skating routine and could do whatever they please in between. It was pretty good and I was amazed that the amateurs could do stunts quite well but was floored when I went to look up the famous routine:

Breathtaking. There is effortless strength and grace. It is enchantment, a little out of this world for me. The same otherworldly wonder I feel when I read myths and legends, especially Celtic ones. Vivid tales of romance and tragedy. It's as if time stood still as these beautiful things weave their magic. Don't worry, I'll send this over to you asap, bro.

No comments: