Sunday, October 14, 2007

Down with flu

Felt funny Thursday night, worse on Friday and before I know it... wham! I have been struck down with flu! Been a little delirious with the fever, everything looked hazy (even the computer screen now, so if there are any errors, pahdun mi) and I had a real nightmare Saturday night, shan't talk about it.

I was just cleaning my Hammie's cage, the little one was starving and thirsty (i swear he eats his own weight in food per day!) and I thought how much simpler life would be if I could be happy just to eat, drink and sleep like him. To be satisfied easily and not be crushed by negative sensitivity.

Explanation: small actions by loved ones affect me so much more than strangers' large ones. When my parents raise their voice at me, I feel a stinging in my eyes; when a not-very-close teacher give me a tongue-lashing, I keep a mutinous silence.

Think this is best said by 2 characters near the end of Dragonlance Legends Volume III: Test of the Twins:
Tasslehoff Burrfoot asked, "It's hard -- caring -- isn't it, Caramon? It hurts sometimes."
Caramon Majere replied, "... It hurts a lot of the time. But the hurt is better than being empty inside."

Stories offer all sorts of knowledge if you just look for them. Reading is like travelling through different times, dimensions, people and places. Not only does one leaves behind troubles in reality, but also get inspired by heroic deeds and empathise with characters' losses.

Sorry, my mind is clouded with gloomy thoughts like a pond with the mud stirred up, hence this garbled post. A sick student with projects and exams looming ahead is not a happy one.

No comments: