Monday, October 8, 2007

Spending time alone

Oops, I have put off updating my post exam travels for so long that I think it is best to do them after my exams. Anyway, I have been busy at school lately and I must say that this school term has been a rather unhappy time. Usually, no matter how hectic school is, I can find something about it to enjoy, but not this time. Perhaps it is my last year and I am discovering that I am not cut out for engineering... of all the times to discover this fact!

Well, to put my mind off such disturbing thoughts, I picked up beading/beadcraft/whatever-you-call-it. Here are some of my works!


I have also resumed painting, but being rusty from lack of practice, shall show here a piece I did some time back. The new one was too ugly, I shall practice more before putting up nicer ones!


I find that I like to make things. There is a sense of satifaction after the end and when I am absorbed in the task, there is a quiet joy. I find that I like the tranquility of being alone. When my parents were away in Hong Kong and I was alone at home, it felt really good to cook and wash for myself and prepare everything nicely for them when they come back. Of course I missed them but it was fun nevertheless.

Alone and glad

No comments: