Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Careers

The career fair last thursday was quite an eye-opener. Met some friends (Waiyu from Hall working in Credit Suisse and some acquaintances from engin) and found out some things like the sorry plight of bioengineers.

Theirs is an awfully competitive course and after struggling for 4 years, if they want to continue in bioengineering, they have to go into research which requires at least a Masters and pharmaceutical companies only want chemists! Whereas many firms want electrical and mechanical engineers, even financial firms!

Well, a lady from HSBC grabbed me and started talking real long before asking me what discipline I was from. She was shocked at my reply and said, "You don't look like an engineer, I thought you were from business or arts!" Hmm, so what do engineers look like? But seeing as how smart business and arts girls look, I took it as a compliment!

In the following days, I found out another career for me... agony aunt! Real! I sort of cheered up Huijun and Tat by simply talking nonsense. Huijun always say wonderful stuff about me that make me blush...hehe. Now Tat, he's a muscle man from Hall and he's really very sad. The girl that means so much to him broke up with him. He refuse to lift himself from misery because he doesn't want to give up waiting for her. While I admire that devotion, I do wish he'd be happy. Hopefully, he'd come around soon enough to play with me before I go into the WORKING WORLD.

At the threshold of graduation (if my professor pass my dubious fyp), I can't help but watch this again:



Really wish I was brave enough to drop everything and just draw for a living!

No comments: