Sunday, October 19, 2008

可爱 = 可怜没人爱

Thomas told me I was cute, half anyway, because cute = ugly but adorable, so I belong to the ugly category due to 3 large disfiguring stress-induced pimples. To add insult to injury, Alex told me the meaning of cute or 可爱 -- 可怜没人爱.

After laughing, I felt a little sad. Someone told me that most jokes contain a percentage of truth. Which is pretty true, otherwise it is nonsense and a good joke cannot be all nonsense. So, I reflected and recalled that I went through the lowest points of my life alone.

Firstly, not because my friends were not there for me but because I did not like to burden them. I am deeply touched at those who noticed and those who did not, they must have been troubled too. I busied myself with activities to not think during the day but at night, it's kind of hard and I lapse back.

Just the other night, when coming back from work, I saw a woman sobbing her heart out on the shoulder of a man. I felt intensely sorry, I think she must have been in deep misery to cry like that in public, luckily she has that friend. That plus the pall of economic uncertainties plus the erratic global warming (overshadowed by the market crises) made me think that life sucks.

I hope to have a SHORT HAPPY life, and if not happy, then at least USEFUL. I'm terrified of leading a meaningless life. Well, making baby-steps now, like making papa, mummy and brother happy. Do my best in my job, the company contributes to 10% of Singapore's GDP, so indirectly helping fellow countrymen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not cute you know? Xianhong current gf is definitely better than you. miss 'shu nui'.

Anonymous said...

bug off, whoever this is. i bet you don't even KNOW yanlian personally. she's way cute, and she's the sweetest girl i know. AND. at least she's not pathetic like you, leaving anonymous notes on people's blogs like that. shame on you. she's not only cute, she's pretty, she's smart TOO. BEAT THAT.
and pls, xianhong's current gf does not measure up to yanlian at all, if that's 'shu nu', i think your definition would make anyone laugh.
-defensive friend

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
I know times are hard but why do you keep scolding yourself?
I feel very sorry for you. You must be under tremendous stress to be scolding yourself.
1) As quoted from YOU: "bug off, whoever this is. i bet you don't even KNOW yanlian personally."

So you knew XH and his gf personally is it???

2) Again, as quoted by you: "at least she's not pathetic like you, leaving anonymous notes on people's blogs like that. shame on you."

True true, shame on you. Being anonymous. By why scold yourself pathetic leh?

Poor thing, trying to stand up for a friend but embarrassing her.

Anonymous said...

you know, i bet you are either xianhong or his gf. for that, i will not waste my time replying anymore - you are not worth even that. even if you are not, get lost from yanlian's blog if you are not going to be nice to her. let me reiterate one last time, you are ugly - and i don't just mean looks, because you have the ugliest personality and i feel sorry for you. bye for good.
and to xianhong, have you not done enough hurt to yanlian to come back and post rubbish comments on her blog? bloody jerk.

Anonymous said...

you are a bloody fuck shit too anonymous!

You are worst than all of the pple that have commented here.
Self righteous jerks!
As if you are the perfect one to judge on what happened b/w the 2 of them (unless you are Yanlian herslf commenting)

Pui! You just want to win in this conversation! Want to talk just talk face to face or fuck off yea?

Cheers! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, and belowis my response to the self proclaimed yanlian's friend, Just in case you CONVINENTLY skip my previous comments:

Wow, so exciting here.

In the 1st place, Mr or Mrs Anonymous, since you are the blog owner's friend, why do you appear anonymous and pass on such comments saying others being brainless while you don even know her!?

You can freaking freely express own opinion and XH cannot? WTF Miss Tomboy or Mr Sissy, how stupid are you!?

And whats the problem you have regarding what happened btw XH and his ex. Its b/w them and not you and whats your business here!? Coming up here and putting other pple down and does not even reveal yourself.



Get a life, stupid idiot! Don do what you don want others to do to you!

Cheers! XD

December 3, 2008 3:17 AM

Anonymous said...

omg, here is exciting.

Just a side note, why is the yanlian's friend talking so much after repeatedly saying he/she will not comment again?

haha! i support the other anonymous though. And i agree that the yanlian's friend is plainly trying to win the conversation and 100% he/she will reply again ( be it in a different name or reamin 'anonymous'), lol! Loser la! *tsktsk*