Friday, February 23, 2007

Guided Tour

On the second day in Loughborough, we met our coordinator who sorted us out as well as he could and went through a welcome package. When he came to the map, he said," these things are absolutely useless unless you know how to use them" which turned out to be absolutely true.
Timetables have venues listed as things like W/0/02 when all the map has are little geometrical shapes representing buildings with numbers labeled. So, to find W/0/02, you look at the back of the map for one of the many legends and match W to a building (all buildings have names, no big numbers plastered on the walls), look for the corresponding building number, flip back to the map and look for the number and ta-da! (0 is the ground floor and 02 the room number)

Quite a bit of trouble huh? And it is really no laughing matter when one is lost and have to flip the map front and back frantically with the wind howling derisively (okay, maybe that's a wee bit exaggerated). Anyway, lucky you, I'm here to show you around the school compounds (well, the parts I kind of know).

Just click below for Guided Tour

What I really like about the grounds are the beautiful trees. When walking through the grounds today, it just dawned on me why I felt so enchanted with those bare trees when I first arrived.


The weather is warming up and all of nature is budding and blooming. My heart gladdened at the sight of the branches laden with flowers. The bare trees were enchanting because they held the promise of spring.

Well, the tour would not be complete with a glance at my living quarters (mummy, you'd be proud at my cleanliness if you saw the guys' room, haha). These are my sleeping companions, moo moo and piggy. Brought all the way from home to warm me at night because night is where the longing for home comes the strongest.

This squirrel caught munching away reminds me a little of my Hammie. Thank you, papa, for taking good care of him. Miss everyone at home very much.

No comments: