Saturday, February 17, 2007

An Unexpected Reward

I do solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... WE WALKED from the stop to our hostel, Butler Court. Luckily (or is it unluckily?), we met Janrius, a Hong Kong exchange student who arrived a week earlier, at the stop. She brought us there.
It was a nightmare. My back supported 10kg and I had to drag 18kg for about half an hour while battling a colder weather than I had experienced in a long time. And me only 41kg!

After registering and all that, I was pooped. Unpacked, ate instant noodles, bathed and concussed immediately. Slept 10hrs and woke up to a most spectacular sight -- beautiful sunrise.

Standing at the sill and admiring the view, I felt the blistered palms and aching back was all worthwhile. The sunrise makes one feel so serene, it is one of the quiet joys in life and I am going to admire it all over again the next day... and the next...

Watch the sky with me
http://picasaweb.google.com/yannyranran/Sky

No comments: