Sunday, February 18, 2007

Reunion Dinner in Loughborough


Reunion dinner is part of celebrating Chinese New Year. Once a year, all family members gathered around for a meal, eating, talking and just enjoying the presence of loved ones. This year, I am not with my family and I feel the emptiness keenly. Although only my mother was struck by Chinese New Year syndrome (spring cleaning, buying New Year goodies, decorating...) and the gatherings bore my brother and I sometimes, I missed all that familiarity.

To lessen some of the sense of loss, we walked about town to find minced pork (minced beef everywhere but no minced pork) before returning to prepare a sumptuous dinner with fish (absolutely necessary), pork (dumpling soup, thus requiring it minced), chicken and vegetable.

At night, we had a mini CNY countdown celebration, complete with a few hastily downloaded CNY songs. There was sparkling juice, red wine (the cheapest and perhaps why the foulest tasting one) bak kwa (mei zhen xiang barbequed pork flown from singapore then hoarded till now) and tiramisu.



Cheers!
http://picasaweb.google.com/yannyranran/ReunionDinner

No comments: