Monday, April 7, 2008

Qing Ming in Penang

Finally went to Penang for Qing Ming to honour my departed paternal grandparents. I met my uncle, aunt, male cousin and family and female cousin's son. The little children were all very good-looking (my male cousin is a handsome fellow who reminds me a little of Junsheng and my female cousin's son resembles his handsome Japanese father, so I heard). Sob, I inherit the worse from my papa's side - short, stubborn, broad shoulders, hornbill nose and dark brown eyes!

When I was little, I disliked the Chinese custom of burning joss-sticks and paper which I perceived as polluting the environment plus it isn't part of Buddhism really. However, when I saw how much it meant to papa's peace of mind, I thought there isn't really any harm to humour him. Anyway, it's a good excuse to visit my relatives in Penang!

Sigh, didn't have a chance to take photo with them though. The only photo taken of me during this short trip was papa sneaking a photo of me gazing at some building while waiting for mummy. I kind of like it because it is rather idyllic, much like Penang. Next time I go, I'd bring swimsuit to bathe in the sea!

1 comment:

Wildfire said...

AHAHA...nice shot poetic look sia...lol..=)

COOL!