Monday, April 14, 2008

A very stressful birthday!

Many thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday! I love the well wishes (and presents), they sure made a stressful birthday less dismal =) My birthday was mainly spent editing my FYP report. Haha, well, a birthday is just another day really, just like children's day, mother's day... because, if you are nice to that person the other days of the year, that one day doesn't really matter. Having said that, I am still especially touched when people remember my birthday!

Papa is such a fusspot, I told him no need cake and noodles le but he insisted. See, I'm his favourite! Whenever I say something's nice in a shop, he'll exclaim to get it, even if it is very expensive. Doesn't help that he's a shopaholic and vain dresser (beats me why a glutton is such a dandy)! Anyway, this mongolian song made me think of papa, mummy and me now (poor bro is all alone in Melbourne). It is written by a Mongolian singer for his daughter, he sang it with his wife, the pretty little girl is their niece.



This is the song the little girl wrote for her father in return. Also performed by the singer and his niece.



I know the stage get-up was very "tu" but I sincerely like the song! It combines family and nature, making me conclude that living on the wide plains or close to nature puts everything into perspective. Maybe that's why I prefer visiting the countryside rather than cities, standing in the field under the immense sky immediately expands the spirit. All petty problems are diminished, because they are so insignificant compared to the beauty around.

Birthday wish: to have some of that beauty now to chase away school work blues and of course, for everyone to be healthy and happy! (Shan't put up any photo, a giant pimple erupted due to stress, argh!)

No comments: