Friday, April 4, 2008

A sigh of relief


Don't know what this is? Let me enlighten you! This is a miniaturized cell stretcher -- clamp a silicone membrane with cells attached to it at the hole and the cylinder will plunge downwards (cyclically or statically, depending on requirements) to stretch the membrane, thereby stretching the cells!


This is my final year project and I am really relieved that after months of stressing over stresses in material and motor power, my design was finally manufactured and working pretty well =) However, I still need to do more calibration and the programming is presenting some trouble. Keep on going, keep on going, the end is finally near!


In my draft report I thanked all the manufacturers, PhD students and professors but did not thank all my wonderful friends for cheering me up and giving words of encouragement! So thanking them now. Ok, back to work (an odious word) and can't wait for this awful last semester to be over!


(wow, lots of exclamation marks... i must be really relieved or stressed? hmm...)

3 comments:

fernfreak said...

if you have a problem with programming, i'd offer to help. :)

Unknown said...

hey, thanks for the offer! the programming is outsourced actually, needs some tweaking which I shall leave to them!

fernfreak said...

ah that's great then :) certainly sounds like a cool project you have- multi disciplinary and involving that much collaboration! i helped out on another ntu fyp last year that was pure programming and i'm sure it wasn't half as interesting.

perhaps i'll find myself using your device in lifesci labs someday. :)