Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Just had jazz class a few hours ago and we danced to this Timbaland's Apologize.



For some reason, I thought of mummy and my favourite aunt, Si yi (fourth auntie). They had a misunderstanding a while back and they're having a cold war that does not seem to be abating anytime soon. I feel really sad because I missed her and also sad that Mummy is sad.

Si yi is like a 2nd mummy to me. We have similar tastes and she advices me when I feel hurt that Mummy does not understand me sometimes. I also know under all the jokes and cheerful front, Mummy really misses her sister. But I think in that misunderstanding, some angry words were spoken that cannot be taken back and neither side is willing to apologize...

I thought to take the opportunity that Mother's Day presented to bury the hatchet between them by inviting her to a simple meal I cook to celebrate but the wall between them is too great.

Really wish things would be back to as they were before. Really want Mummy and Si yi, and everybody really, to be happy. But I know that's impossible no matter how hard I try but I will keep trying. Happy Mother's Day, I love you Mummy.

No comments: