Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Outings

Our Wushu batch went to Vivocity to celebrate Zhaoqi's birthday =) I was so glad the dry-run for my signing ceremony did not make me miss such a fun event. We made Zhaoqi go on a treasure hunt in which she lost her posh image totally! Teresa and Biyun planned for her to do crazy stunts like doing the hula-hoop and whacking toy hammer in an animal hat, finding 3 candies that weigh 23g and milking the cow outside Ben & Jerry's...

We polished off our ice-cream, what is an outing without dessert?

I forgot to photograph what I drew for the birthday girl. And I must find the photograph which Lixiang took of Biyun's butt next to the sign, "All it takes is an ugly butt to spoil a beautiful view, please dispose cigarette butts in the bins."

The last August "baby" but not least, was Papa's birthday! He pampered himself with a costly cake from Patissier, spoiling my planned surprise for him. I didn't carry it out, I just queued for his favourite ba gua. Not any ordinary ba gua but Lin Zhi Yuan's BBQ Bacon that Alex insisted were gourmet ba gua.
I like my brother's birthday card, it went like this: Happy Birthday Papa, Sorry the card was late. I was ensuring your investment is a success (studying). Hope you like the card. Ek Son

Then, I met up with Ying, Lester and Xianhong at the Central. All the Japanese eateries we wanted to sample were bursting with the Friday crowds so we ate at Fisherman's Wharf opposite that serve authentic Fish & Chips, there were vinegar and mashed peas with potatoes (sounds unappetizing to me but the fish was good). Next we walked about at Central and Clarke Quay. We entered a club called China something, I didn't like the noisy place but it was an eye-opener to see a hen-party.


The next day, was my company's family day at the Singapore Flyer. I quite enjoy it and so did my parents! It was refreshing to meet colleagues having fun with their family. Took photos on the flyer and with colleagues.

No comments: