Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy or Sad?

This morning was a comedy of errors, although I did not think so then. I happily sneaked out of the house in the wee hours of dawn to grab the earliest train at 5.45am to reach work at 6.30am (and to prevent papa from accompanying me). After twiddling my thumbs real long, I found out trains are later on Sundays, leaving me 10min to reach work on time.

My handphone broke down on me and could not call taxis so I borrowed the counter staff's (an Indian guy) handphone. As a result, I had to run a bit to catch up to the taxi as the driver was not expecting a harried chinese girl.

When I reach the airport, I ran all the way to the control room and slipped on a puddle of water beside the drinks area. So embarrassing! Right in front of the technicians =( But they were rather nice and the boring work was livened up by one of them showing me his photos from his course in Denmark.

I had planned to go to East Coast earlier on because I think I need the sun, getting pale and peaky like a ghost. Being tired, I snoozed on the bus and missed my stop, so had to trekked under the hot sun to reach there. I mean I wanted to feel sunlight on me but not to this extent!!!

But it was all worth it. Not a good cyclist myself, always jamming brakes whenever I see obstacles in front or worse, obstacles approaching me! However, I was going fast enough to feel some breeze and hear my dangly earrings tinkle... haha. I like to look at the sky but I felt the skyline at the coast was a bit marred by the gazillion construction cranes for the upcoming IR.

The placard at the sand sculpture exhibition caught my eye, "Take time to be still, For Beauty exist only when we care and feel." That's so true, especially when I'm caught up with everyday tasks at work. Contemplating nature (East Coast Park is more "natural" than most parts of Singapore) brings a smile.

A bit melancholic really, because some memories lead me to think that so many things are transient. Hope time, like the tide, will wash away the hurt and pain.

No comments: