Monday, September 29, 2008

F1-less night

Everyone must be really excited about Singapore hosting F1, me too actually, experiencing quite a bit of the promotional events in my workplace. However, I am quite relieved that it's over.

See, I could hear the revving of engines on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from my home (in close proximity to town). Being a sleep-a-holic, the noise disrupted my sleep, making me grounchy! So was rather amused when my colleagues told me that the revving sound is what makes catching F1 live heart-thumping.

Anyway, on this quiet night, I had a chance to sort out my thinking somewhat. You asked me, "Don't you want me to be happy?" At that time, I thought that was the height of selfishness, typical that you would only think of yourself.

But, I suppose I was just as selfish. My anger must have come from the desire to be more precious. I was hurt that you did not feel the loss of me more keenly. I wished my sacrifices were not in vain.

I think I had always wanted you to be happy. Why else would I have let you sacrificed me so many times for your pursuit of happiness? Instead of wishing to be dearer, I wish now for magnanimity to let you sacrifice me one last time for your happiness.

No comments: