Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cheers at work

Got issued a new laptop to replace my cranky one at work. So was really excited and fiddled with it happily until I realized I had to PAY for it if it got stolen or damaged. Freaked out and kept it under lock and key when I go home, whereas the old one was so condemned that I know nobody in their right mind would steal it. My mind also keeps wandering to its safety when I had to leave it sitting on my desk (screaming, "STEAL ME! I'm the LATEST model!"), always scrambling back and heaving a sigh of relief to see it still there.

My PPE (personal protection equipment) consists of a helmet, bright yellow vest and juggernaut boots have been the butt of jokes. Especially the boots, they're McDonald's footwear and whatnot. Alex has been merciless, "I know you don't like somebody but there's no need to make yourself so ugly!" He's always teasing me, but he got his comeuppance: after going on about that somebody, that somebody entered the room when Alex was on his biscuit, causing him to choke!

Although work is difficult, my colleagues liven up the week. I enjoyed myself immensely playing badminton and table-tennis. Being newbies, we hardly used the table, the ball flies everywhere, mostly over and under. I was laughing so hard my tummy and cheeks hurt terribly, and I remarked that theoretically, laughing hard may build up 8-pack. Bryan returned with, "Yup, you don't know meh, we're actually training abs here!"

This theory was introduced to me in HCJC wushu when Teresa and me laughed incessantly. Got a good dose of reminiscence when we met up at my place last night to celebrate Huijun's belated birthday and a kind of mid-autumn gathering. Junyuan made delicious snowskin mooncakes, I want to learn from him! Was so glad to see Gary too, have not seen him in years, funny because we used to hide when he comes and suggests that we all go for "short jogs" (they are actually marathons).

No comments: